All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I having a connection issue with Splunk DB Connect 1 for users other than admin?

CaptainHook
Communicator

I have set up two separate DB Connects and whenever I attempt to run a query with anything other than my admin account, it returns the following error:

command="dbquery", Error getting database connection: Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.  

I have checked the permissions, that are set to global and all the user permissions are also set up appropriately.

Any suggestions?

0 Karma
1 Solution

CaptainHook
Communicator

I ended up deleting and re-creating the DBconnect and it is working now. Very odd, but something must have had a miss-connection in creation.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

CaptainHook
Communicator

I ended up deleting and re-creating the DBconnect and it is working now. Very odd, but something must have had a miss-connection in creation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...