Installation

Why am I getting the error "tmp directory doesn't exist" when trying to install the splunkclouduf.spl file?

nkitmitt

When I'm trying to install the splunkclouduf.spl file, I run into an error that a tmp directory doesn't exist. I got Splunk installed on one host just fine, with the exact same configuration (Amazon Linux, 2017.09.1.20180115). Nothing else is installed on these servers except the Splunk forwarder. I've tried on a third host, and got the same error:

[root@<hostname> ~]# /opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunk install app splunkclouduf.spl -auth admin:changeme
Error during app install: failed to extract app from /root/splunkclouduf.spl to /opt/splunkforwarder/var/run/splunk/bundle_tmp/2d5c2511cc4a37f4: No such file or directory

I've tried changing /opt/splunkforwarder/var/run/splunk/bundle_tmp to 777 for testing, and that did not work.

0 Karma

ideocentric

I was having the same issue. The problem I discovered was that when using wget or curl to download splunkclouduf.spl that the resulting file was html and not the intended download. This was discovering by looking at the file contents using the head command. By downloading in a browser, then copying over to the intended system, the installation went correctly.

0 Karma

kleanthis

I have the same issue , i have tried:

chmod -R 777 /opt/splunkforwarder - did not work
chown -R splunk:splunk /opt/splunkforwarder - did not work
run ./splunk start as root and then try - did not work

What are we missing here ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...