All Apps and Add-ons

Who owns and provides support for Splunk apps available in the market?

viverma5
Explorer

Hi,

I need some one assisting me to understand the ownership of the apps which we can integrate with SPLUNK. What I want is to know that who owns splunk apps which are available in market , like if we plan to integrate them in our environment so are they reliable based on the source code and licensing?
Does SPLUNK provides support for these apps in case of any trouble?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

grijhwani
Motivator

There is no flat answer. Some apps are supported directly by Splunk, others are proprietary efforts offering other support options, and yet others still are purely community-based. It depends entirely on the app.

View solution in original post

grijhwani
Motivator

There is no flat answer. Some apps are supported directly by Splunk, others are proprietary efforts offering other support options, and yet others still are purely community-based. It depends entirely on the app.

viverma5
Explorer

Thank you both for correctly pointing me to what I needed...
It clears my understanding on Splunk apps......

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

the information about this is located on each app's page on apps.splunk.com. if an app says it is "splunk supported" then it is officially supported by us and you can contact support with issues (assuming you have enterprise support). otherwise, it is "community supported".

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...