Archive

Where is the data containing flowersrus_price field used in the Vis manual

Communicator

Where is the data to be used to do the following search in the Splunk Data Visualizations Manual "sourcetype=access_* | stats values(product_name) as product by price, flowersrus_price | eval difference = price - flowersrus_price | table product, difference"

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This search uses the sample data file that the Splunk Tutorial uses. See Get the sample data into Splunk. The topic you are looking at has the explanation and the link in the second paragraph of the section that contains the search:

"The searches used in this example use the Flower & Gift Shop Sample Data described in the Splunk Tutorial."

View solution in original post

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This search uses the sample data file that the Splunk Tutorial uses. See Get the sample data into Splunk. The topic you are looking at has the explanation and the link in the second paragraph of the section that contains the search:

"The searches used in this example use the Flower & Gift Shop Sample Data described in the Splunk Tutorial."

View solution in original post

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Just closing the loop on this...we have updated the topic that caused you problems, and brought all the USGS examples up to date as well.

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks, yes, we are aware of the USGS data change and are going to update our content accordingly.

0 Karma

Communicator

one more thing for you to know - the USGS has changed the earthquake data used throughout the manuals - btw - you have great manuals.

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Oh, now I understand your question, my apologies. That looks like a legitimate doc defect right there. We are working on correcting it and will update this posting when it is fixed.

Communicator

Chris, I have that data file but flowersrus_price is not in the data files or the product_lookup file.

0 Karma
State of Splunk Careers

Access the Splunk Careers Report to see real data that shows how Splunk mastery increases your value and job satisfaction.

Find out what your skills are worth!