Splunk Cloud Platform

Where can I find the Splunk Cloud (splunkcloud.com) Splunk Version Release Schedule?

bandit
Motivator

Logged into our new Splunk Cloud instance today and noticed that our Splunk Cloud instance is running version Splunk Version 7.0.5.3 which is a lower version than what is currently available for Splunk Enterprise (7.1.3). Wondering when 7.1.x will be available for Splunk Cloud or if my instance is just on an older release for some reason?

Thanks,

Rob

Tags (1)
0 Karma

bandit
Motivator

Would be good to have a tentative release schedule for major Splunk Cloud versions i.e. 7.0, 7.x, 7.1, 7.2 if they are going to be different dates than Splunk Enterprise as certain apps do have dependencies based on Splunk version. I'm also not wanting to have any existing on-prem users use cloud until it gets to 7.1.x as I will have to detail why it's different than our on-prem release. Long term would likely have our on prem-release version follow the Clould version so I can keep them more or less in sync.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @rob_jordan,

Did one of the answers below solve your problem? If so, please resolve this post by approving the one which helped the most!

If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help ya. Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Cloud is on an automatic upgrade schedule, you don’t need to do anything. Upgrades for all stacks to 7.1 should be done before end of the year (much sooner.)

If you have an immediate reason to upgrade, please open a support ticket and ask For it to be done sooner. Otherwise you should get a notification soon about when the upgrade will occur.

adonio
Ultra Champion

@rob_jordan
first and foremost, i do not work for splunk.
i think its best to contact either your Splunk sales team (Sales Manager and / or SE) or you Splunk Cloud ops team, or both with that.

0 Karma

pruthvikrishnap
Contributor

Hi Rob,

I am not sure if Splunk has pre defined scheduled for version release as it is subject to change until the day it is released.
Splunk instance will pop a message when ever there is a new Splunk Verison available.
Below line in web.conf is responsible to trigger a message when ever a new version is available.

updateCheckerBaseURL = http://quickdraw.splunk.com/js/ 

Let me know if this helps.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...