Splunk Dev

Where are my splunkcloud credentials?

emayssat
Engager

I am reconfiguring the universal splunk forwarder to connect to splunk cloud.
With the CLI, I am able to setup forward-server and monitors, but my forward server are always 'inactive'.

I obviously need to install the right credentials.
Where can I find those credentails?
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.4.0/User/ForwardDataToSplunkCloudFromLinux
Step 4 doesn't help as I don't have a 'Universal Forwarder' button/link on the left !!!!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

pgreer_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are setting up your own universal forwarder (or heavy forwarder for that matter) you will need your Splunk Cloud instance credentials (as you noted). This is available as an app that you install into your universal forwarder and is downloadable from your Splunk Cloud instance.

In the docs.splunk.com URL you posted, steps 1-4:

1) Log into your Splunk Cloud deployment
2) Download the Splunk Universal Forwarder for Linux.
3) Install the Splunk Universal Forwarder for Linux.
4) Download and install the universal forwarder credentials.

The universal forwarder credentials are within your Splunk Cloud instance.

Log into your Splunk Cloud instance (as an admin role account). On the main page on the left apps browser list there will be a 'Universal Forwarder' app. Click on that and the app menu below will be presented:

To set up the Universal Forwarder:

Download the Splunk universal forwarder.

Splunk Downloads web page
    Install the universal forwarder on one or more machines in your network.

Installation Instructions
    Download your customized universal forwarder credentials package.

**Download Universal Forwarder Credentials**
    Install the universal forwarder credentials package on each universal forwarder in your network.

Installation Instructions
    Configure your universal forwarders to send data to the Splunk platform.

Configure data inputs

The Download Credentials button is where you need to grab your Splunk Cloud credentials (app).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...