Knowledge Management

What is the purpose of Report "Audit - Index Readiness" under SA-Utils apps ?

ekcsoc
Path Finder

This Report "Audit - Index Readiness" under SA-Utils apps is running for every 30 minutes for last 24 hours time range and getting skipped in Search head. Just wanted to know what is the purpose of this report and can it be disabled ?

0 Karma

ssmiesko
Explorer

The saved search Audit - Index Readiness, along with a few other searches in SA-Utils and the lookups the write out to, are the basis for the data returned by the contentinfo REST endpoint. These are then queried by various dashboards (like ESS Content Library) in order to show whether or not data is available for use-cases.

0 Karma

BainM
Communicator

It is exactly what it states. It searches all Splunk indexers and evaluates whether an indexer is sending throughput to the metrics.log group. If it detects throughput, cool, assign a 1 to it. If it doesn't it gets a 0. It then writes this to a lookup file and a report. I would assume that this rolls up into a general Splunk health report for the security audits. Security needs continuity and responsiveness. If it doesn't get this from the Splunk env, then it has a problem.

Hope this helps,
Mike

ashishamalviya1
Explorer

As this search is heavy on search head, as running every 30 min and search for last 24 hour for all the index, can we customize this search to be lighter on CPU, 
i.e. edit search query, increase schedule interval and reduce search time frame. etc..
Thanking,

Ashish M

lesly_trinidad
Engager

i'm wondering this same thing, can the schedule be modified since it's pretty resource intensive. Haven't seen a response on this thread in while. 

0 Karma

ekcsoc
Path Finder

Thanks for the info. I wanted to know exactly in which Dashboard this is being used, since its not schedule to send an email or throw an alert

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is the Splunk ES version ? I can't see that report in ES 5.2

0 Karma

ekcsoc
Path Finder

ES version - 5.3.1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...