Installation

What is the last version of the Universal Splunk forwarder app you can go in a Linux REHL 5.8

jaydiare
Explorer

I have a number of Hosts with REHL 5.8, with the Splunk forwarder App 6.1.4, 6.2.0, and curios what is the latest app version I can go under this escenario?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

7.3.1 is the latest Splunk Forwarder as of now which you can install on the Linux REHL 5.8
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/7.3.1/Forwarder/Abouttheuniversalforwarder

0 Karma

jaydiare
Explorer

Hi Thanks for your answer but in fact is 6.6.8

Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga)
Release: 5.8

unless there is a workaround?

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Sorry I didn't get you. what exactly are you looking for?
6.6.8 is the Splunk Forwarder Version and you want to upgrade it to latest version?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...