Monitoring Splunk

What does the number of files means in Files & Directories Monitor and where does it come from?

ips_mandar
Builder

Hi,
I am monitoring zip files from folders with below inputs.conf:
What does the number of files denote shown in the screenshot?
Does that mean the number of files indexed or the number of files only monitored since I am giving ignoreOlderThan in inputs.conf?

[monitor://\\abcstoragen\PQRS\XYZ\(AbcdLogs|ABLogs)*\...\*.zip]
disabled = 0
index = abc
sourcetype = pqr
ignoreOlderThan = 3d
crcSalt = <SOURCE>

A number of files shows high count but yet no file is indexed and it is increasing since recently I created a new input.
Thanks!
alt text

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I would open a support case and also ask them to update the docs on this because it does different things for different types of inputs. For example, the Splunk_TA_nix has an input for /var/log/secure and this screen shows a value of 144 even though it only contains the exact file and 4 rotated files. This makes no sense.

0 Karma

Azeemering
Builder
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...