All Apps and Add-ons

Web Analytics App

Brian_Osburn
Builder

I'd like to take a look at the Web Analytics application, but I have a few questions.

1. We have our Apache logs sent to one index. There are two different formats for the logs - most have a pipe delimited custom format, and the second is access-common. Can the app be modified to handle the custom format?

2. During the initial setup, it asked for some information on IP addresses - what IP's are they asking for?

3. To be asked later 🙂

Anyone use it? Any thoughts?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Brian_Osburn
Builder

Switched over to the web intelligence app and set up our apaches to log to a second location using access_combined.

Works like a charm!

View solution in original post

Brian_Osburn
Builder

Switched over to the web intelligence app and set up our apaches to log to a second location using access_combined.

Works like a charm!

Brian_Osburn
Builder

4.1.4 -> didn't end up getting it working..

0 Karma

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What splunk version are you on?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...