Deployment Architecture

Volume used

itionet

Hi Everyone. I recently installed the free version of Splunk. I have configured it to read data from only one data source, Netflow from a single router. Over the last 5 days, only 7MB of Netflow data has been collected. However, the volume used in the licensing is showing that I have used 3GB so far today. Can anyone shed some light as to why this is possibly happening?

Thanks,
Matt

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Run following query and you can check the license usage by index. Based on this you can get to know where your license capacity is utilized.

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log sourcetype=splunkd | timechart span=1d sum(b) as bytes by idx limit=0| eval MB=round(bytes/1024/1024/1024,3)

Other variation your can try is using the sourcetype

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log sourcetype=splunkd | timechart span=1d sum(b) as bytes by st limit=0| eval MB=round(bytes/1024/1024/1024,3)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...