Dashboards & Visualizations

Visualisation: Data flow diagram

manish_singh_77
Builder

How do we pass queries for div boxes in html tag for data flow diagram?

I have created data flow diagram in html and css and now trying to pass queries for the boxes, pls help.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@manish_singh_777 , check out Status Matrix Custom Visualization
Also check out my Splunk Wiki Talk Topic on Status Flow of Order using Status Indicator custom visualization.

manish_singh_77
Builder

@ Niketnilay

Yes, am trying to show a single result in html , it could be Red, Amber or Green as per the current status that we would fetch from the query.

0 Karma

manish_singh_77
Builder

@ Niketnilay

Yes, am trying to show a single result in html , it could be Red, Amber or Green as per the current status that we would fetch from the query.

0 Karma

manish_singh_77
Builder

@niketnilay , could you please help on this one?
@sandyIscream , please assit
@somesoni2 , could you please assist in this one?

0 Karma

manish_singh_77
Builder

Correction: Data flow diagram is created in html only not css.
Also, I am also trying to using alternate way of passing query on image, like image overlay dashboard but it is not working.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@manish_singh777 can you add a mock up of what you have and where you need to add values?

Splunk Dashboard Examples already has an example of Image Overlay with Single Value

You can check out one of my Wiki Talks for adding Image along with value as overlay on existing background Image: https://wiki.splunk.com/User_talk:Niketnilay#Topic_1:_Image_Overlay_with_Icons_Example:_Extends_Imag...

Or else you can check out use of Status Indicator with Trellis to show Data (check Topic 15: Flow:https://wiki.splunk.com/User_talk:Niketnilay )

Also check out Network Topology Custom Visualization

If none of these help please add more context to your issue for us to assist you better.

manish_singh_77
Builder

@ Niket,

Code is written in html for data flow diagram and am trying to pass query for the div boxes.
Unable to pass queries.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Is this <html> panel or html dashboard?

What do you mean by pass query? Do you want to show a single result in html <div> section or you want to show the entire result (like in table format or something)?

I am afraid seems like this is very much specific to your code and we would be able to assist you better only once we get fair idea of what is your current output and code and what is the expected output.

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...