All Apps and Add-ons

Version 3.3 of Splunk for Palo Alto Network app not progressing past setup

andrewsb

When setting up a new 3.3 instance of the application I get the following error:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Password cannot contain all * characters

I had it happen at a client site yesterday on a new installation, and was able to replicate it in my lab today. How can I manually go past this, or do we need a maintenance release to fix it?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

btorresgil
Builder

You must enter values for the fields, even if they are bogus. Try entering in values, especially for the api key.

EDIT: andrewsb, thanks for your comments and bug report on github with workaround. I fixed this in the app so you can leave the setup values blank without an error message now. The fix is in version 3.3.1. Thanks!

0 Karma

andrewsb

I tried admin/admin/admin and 1234 (for the API key) and now get:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': A password already exists for id="credential::admin:"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...