Splunk Search

Using bin command can you put all values above a cutoff into the last bin?

jbrenner
Path Finder

I'm using the bin command to get a distribution of values, and each grouping is in increments of 10,000.
I have a few outliers way at the upper end, and I don't want to see all the empty buckets in the middle. Is it possible to put all values above a desingated cutoff value into the final bin?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Tags (2)

Vebloud
Explorer

Hello,

I have hit same problem with long tail in the graph. I have found solution with eval:

| bin span=100ms ProcessingTime **| bin span=100ms ProcessingTime | eval ProcessingTime=if(ProcessingTime > 2,"2.0+",round(ProcessingTime,1))** | chart count over ProcessingTime by ProcPhase

You will overwrite field whcih you used bin on by your condition. In my case, if processing time is more than 2s, it overwrite it with 2.0+ rounding to 1 decimal place is there also to ensure that values will remain in correct order in the graph.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...