Dashboards & Visualizations

Using Splunk, how do I convert bytes to Kb, Mb, Gb in a table?

maryamchar
Explorer

hello,
I'm new to Splunk, I would like to find how many KB/sec used in "_internal" source and convert that to GB/sec.

Could you please help me writting a query for that. I'm using Splunk Enterprise serach and trying to show the results in a dashboard where it shows both KB/sec and GB/sec. maybe show the results in a graph or chart or table.

what i have so far:

index="_internal" source="*mertrics.log" group= per_sourcetype_thruput 

Thank you in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

pramit46
Contributor

Are you looking for something like this?

index="_internal" group=per_sourcetype_thruput| eval mbps=kbps/1024, gbps=mbps/1024| table kbps, mbps, gbps

You don't always need to look into index for these type of conversion. You can use something like below:

|makeresults| eval kb=1024| eval mb=kb/1024| table kb, mb

Let me know if this helps.

0 Karma

maryamchar
Explorer

The above query didn't work i got an error message
" Fields cannot be assigned a boolean results"
Yes what you're tying to show me that's what i'm trying to have. Something where it shows conversion from Kb/sec, GB/sec, MB/sec in a table

0 Karma

pramit46
Contributor

I tried both the lines in my local environment and they worked just fine. Can you please just post the screenshot of the error and the query you are running? I guess something is missing somewhere.

0 Karma

maryamchar
Explorer

No problem, i got it to work in a different way. Thank you for help!

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Any sample data?

0 Karma

maryamchar
Explorer

i don't have sample data, i'm just using index="_internal" source="*mertrics.log" group= per_sourcetype_thruput

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...