Dashboards & Visualizations

Using Splunk Enterprise Search and Reporting

maryamchar
Explorer

hello,

I would like to show my daily usage of Splunk Volume, but also have a second graph represent how much it will be needed for 6 months volume with total.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

Hi ,

can you use this

**index=_internal source=*metrics.log group="per_host_thruput" | eval GB=kb/1048576 | timechart sum(GB) as "total" by series span=1mon limit=0 | appendpipe [stats avg(*) as *]**

and set the time frame on your search for last six months

maryamchar
Explorer

My question is i want to show how much storage i need for the next 6 months and i know amount already in GB which is 10,115 GB. Now i want to make a graph and show how much i use daily and show that i haven't reached that amount for 6 months yet, How would i do that ??? And represent that in visualization

0 Karma

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

use this

**index=_internal source=*metrics.log group="per_host_thruput" | eval GB=kb/1048576 | timechart sum(GB) as "total" by series span=1d limit=0 | appendpipe [stats avg(*) as *]**
0 Karma

maryamchar
Explorer

That's what i have originally and i asked the question because i'm trying to find volume for 6 months

0 Karma

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

You can use earliest and latest command to isolate the data of 6 month's

0 Karma

maryamchar
Explorer

I want to write a query to show how much volume usage will i need for next 6 months. I already know the exact amount that need for 6 months which is 10,115GB. But i would like to show my daily usage and show that i haven't reached that 6 months amount yet, For example show that i used 50.00/10,115 GB

0 Karma

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

Oh sorry . For next 6 month's , you have to use machine learning. There is a app called ML toolkit. By which you are write various regression techniques and show future data. Or there is a command called predict , you can use that also

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...