Splunk Search

Users are constantly being prompted to "take the tour" when logging into Splunk 6.4.1

mikelanghorst
Motivator

After I upgraded my Splunk environment to 6.4.1, my users are reporting that they are repeatedly prompted as a new user would to take the tour for the app. I notice for users that are not getting it, under etc/users/username/app/local/ui-tour.conf will have a viewed = 1, while other users do not.

Any idea why this is occurring?

0 Karma
1 Solution

teunlaan
Contributor

We noticed when there is an new app with tour (ITSI), it wil allways pop-up the tour as long there is nothing configured in the new app.

So are the users "working" with app or just open it?

The is also a global setting to Ignore the tours.
Place ui-tour.conf in etc/system/local with

[default]
useTour = false

View solution in original post

teunlaan
Contributor

We noticed when there is an new app with tour (ITSI), it wil allways pop-up the tour as long there is nothing configured in the new app.

So are the users "working" with app or just open it?

The is also a global setting to Ignore the tours.
Place ui-tour.conf in etc/system/local with

[default]
useTour = false

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sounds like a permissions issue on the filesystem. Check that the owner of the Splunk process has write permission on that users folder.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...