Dashboards & Visualizations

UserID variable

clement
Explorer

Hi There,

I would like to parse the current Splunk login userid via the URL to the next dashboard, may I know what is the variable name?

Regards,
Clement

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can get the current logged in user by this query

| rest /services/authentication/current-context | search username!="splunk-system-user"| table realname username  roles

Since this can be run in the next dashboard directly, you don't have to pass it, but again depends on what you're trying to do.

View solution in original post

clement
Explorer

Thanks! Somesoni2 for your prompt reply.

I should explain in more detail on my requirement, I have converted my xml based dashboard to HTML, I hide the Launcher navigation bar on the top of the dashboard and created hyperlink to the URL below, but I need to replace the in the hyperlink to allow user to change their password:
https://:8000/en-US/manager/launcher/authentication/changepassword/?action=edit

Could you advice how to grab UserID in HTML dashboard?

Regards,
Clement

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can get the current logged in user by this query

| rest /services/authentication/current-context | search username!="splunk-system-user"| table realname username  roles

Since this can be run in the next dashboard directly, you don't have to pass it, but again depends on what you're trying to do.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...