Reporting

User Activity Report? It is not Splunk console user activity report.

brpsingara
Explorer

I created a report as like below for every 4 hours. But the problem is, Splunk does not sending the scheduled reports to email due the report size. when I download manually from "Searches, reports, and alerts", size of the csv report is approx 300MB. Is possible to schedule zip report ?

Account_Name=goc_*

This means i want user activity report for who started with the user account "goc_*

Tags (1)
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

No, Out of the box Splunk can not send zipped emails.
You would need to build a custom alert to do this, or simply reduce the size(bytes) of the report it generates.
Either include fewer fields (using table), or fewer results (by scheduling more frequently)

However a 300MB report is HUGE, what on earth does it contain!?

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

brpsingara
Explorer

I want to reduce the size of report and the report should be fewer fields (what user did on the data centre machines - Time, user name, Source IP/Host, destination IP/Host/Application, action Success/failure, what type of event is this - add, change, delete,execute ).

Could you please provide the code for "User Activity Report by using Splunk ".

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Can you provide a sample of the data the report contains, just a few rows, not the full 300 mb 🙂

Remember to remove anything sensitive.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

brpsingara
Explorer

Hi Nick,

Here the example of scheduled report by me.

Account_Name=goc_* process_name!="c:\windows\explorer.exe"

_time| Host|Account_name|ComputerName|Message|Action|Account_Domain|Process_Name|Eventtype|

3/12/19 1:33:48PM|DATAxx|xxxx|xxx.xx.net|An operation was attempted on a previlleged object.Subject, Security ID....| Success|xxx-NET|c:\programfiles\xx\xx.exe|Windows_previllged_object_operation|

Could you please help me to get this report simple, understandable and less size report.

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

brpsingara
Explorer

And I noticed there are many duplicate logs showing. same time stamp, same log showing in multiple times. How to avoid this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...