I have a data store that information is far faster and more reach to get to with Splunk and I am trying to figure out a way to generate information from one piece automatically from this source. In this specific example I tried the following
| inputlookup datastore
| search [setfields server_ip="10.22.10.250" | lookup dnslookup clientip as server_ip output clienthost as server_fqdn | fields server_fqdn]
But this is not rendering the information that I am looking for. The IP that I am using does have a corresponding server_fqdn value in the inputlookup datastore specified (I used a known good sample for this). I am hoping someone might be able to spot what I am not seeing in terms of syntax or value handling and offer a suggestion as to how to get this to work.