Getting Data In

Urgent Help required , Splunk Indexer to forward data to syslog server(rsyslog or thrid party)

sumitkathpal292

Dear Experts,

Currently we have test environment where we have one indexer and search head however we need to forward the syslog data(On port 514) received from the indexer to another syslog server and also keep local copy for our search head for investigation/log retention purpose.

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

skalliger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Edit: I just realised - according to the documentation - only Heavy Forwarders are able to output syslog data. You still may try it.

simply add an outputs.conf on your indexer with something like this:

[syslog]
defaultGroup=YourSyslogServerGroup

[syslog:YourSyslogServerGroup]
server = 1.2.3.4:514

This should do the job. For further details, review the documentation.

Skalli

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skalliger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Edit: I just realised - according to the documentation - only Heavy Forwarders are able to output syslog data. You still may try it.

simply add an outputs.conf on your indexer with something like this:

[syslog]
defaultGroup=YourSyslogServerGroup

[syslog:YourSyslogServerGroup]
server = 1.2.3.4:514

This should do the job. For further details, review the documentation.

Skalli

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

how are you receiving the data? You use Search Head as your heavy-forwarder to send to Indexder?
Or do you want to send the data from Indexer to syslog server?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...