Archive

Updating times.conf for an SH cluster

Explorer

Is there a way to update times.conf for all search heads in an SH cluster using the deployer, or do I have to edit each search head individually?

0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can set the sharing permissions to your custom time ranges as global/all apps and can deploy to SH Cluster (from deployer).

Ultra Champion

@somesoni2, does such conf need to be in an app by a specific name? For example, I've had some quirks with the user-prefs config that may or may not have to be in an app with the specific name of user-prefs. I never got a chance to get to the bottom of it but maybe you know if @erinboudreau needs to take any such precautions?

0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not aware of any app name constraints for times.conf configuration. AFAIK, it can be under any app and the scope/sharing permission on the custom time config, as defined in .meta entries, will decide if the custom time conf is available for use in timerange picker.

The user-prefs.conf is special configuration file which has the constraints that either it has to be under an app called user-prefs (under etc/users/UserName OR etc/apps) OR should be defined globally within other apps OR in etc/system.

0 Karma

Ultra Champion

@somesoni2 FTW! Thanks!

0 Karma