All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to visit account setting page by non search app and non admin user

puneethgowda
Communicator

I have created new app ABC like sample app and created user called ABC (with roll search and change own password input list get propriety edit authenticate ) and removed permission to other app for ABC user, now problem is unable to visit account setting page from ABC login since ABC do not permission to search app.

This is high priority for me any luck with this.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

puneethgowda
Communicator

Can anyone help me on this

0 Karma

puneethgowda
Communicator

Hi cusello,

Thanks for your answer this is about changing own password.

What are the capability needed for ABC user and I have restricted all the option in the app bar and Splunk bar

User just should have 2 things

1. View dashboard.
  2. Change own password

ABC user should not click anywhere and go to any page except change password and dashboard which we shared with ABC user.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi puneethgowda,
are you specking of Changing own password functionality or a different one?
Every way you should verify the functionalities enabled for role of ABC users?

Bye.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

puneethgowda
Communicator

Hi cusello,

Thanks for your answer this is about changing own password.

What are the capability needed for ABC user and I have restricted all the option in the app bar and Splunk bar

User just should have 2 things

View dashboard.

Change own password

ABC user should not click anywhere and go to any page except change password and dashboard which we shared with ABC user.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...