Security

Unable to update email address in my Splunk Account profile

Nvijay92
Explorer

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to update a new email address in Splunk.com > Dashboard> My accounts > Update email address

But the email address is not getting updated its still showing the same old email address.

I had already tried updating the password as well just mentioned in the other blog.

Could someone help me on this ?

Thank you

priyankak10

Anyone found solution to this. There was a typo in my email address while registering and now I am not able to correct it. 

0 Karma

Nvijay92
Explorer

Could someone help me on this issue ?

0 Karma

srisahitya_v
Communicator

@Nvijay92  Hello, Did you solve the problem ? can you update here

0 Karma

Nvijay92
Explorer

Still the same. I managed to contact the Splunk Tech Support and they mentioned we cant update the email address.

They only want us to delete the user account and create a new user account with the new email address.

Since i had completed some certification and i asked them to transfer the certificates to the new account.

As of now they dont have a process which would help us migrating the certificate.

Moral of the story is we need to live with the existing account with old email address.

Thank you

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One reason why cannot update your password is that you haven’t local account in splunk. Can you check your account type (e.g. LDAP vs local/splunk) from your settings.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

Nvijay92
Explorer

But, i'm having an issue with updating my email address on the Splunk.com website .

If i have an issue with my splunk application then it should be possible with your statement. 

Thank you

0 Karma

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi i am also facing issues updating my work email id in Splunk account - can anyone please help.

thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Nvijay92
Explorer

Hello Rakesh,

I'm still have the same issue and i'm having a mindset now to live with this issue on my Splunk profile

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...