Installation

Unable to install splunk in D: or E: drive ie. other than default drive( c:drive)

bhuvanabala

Hi team,

I am trying to install Splunk 6.6 in windows 2008 R2 in the following path d:/programfiles/splunk. I selected the customized path to configure the following path d:/programfiles/splunk. Splunk installation starts, but installation setup wizard exits with following error "Splunk Enterprise Setup Wizard ended prematurely" and all the files are rolled back. But i am able to install Splunk successfully in C drive in a different server

Also tried with CMI, but no luck.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

I have several installs where Splunk is installed on D, however more recently I prefer to install to c:\Program Files\ but locate my indexes on a separate volume. This keeps all the paths as default, but lets me separate out the bulk of the data elsewhere, It also means I can detach/move/reattach my data volume between systems, as I only use windows for testing. (Prod is always Linux for me)

However - for your specific issue, can you share a copy of the installer log.

You may want to configure installer logging first:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/223300/how-to-enable-windows-installer-logging

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...