Security

Trial License

JiriN

I installed splunk trial (4.3.4, build 136012) on Win2008 and within few hours I ran into "License warning issued within past 24 hours". I am very positive I did not use 500MB (the only index I turned on was local windows app). Indexes tab shows 1MB on few indexes, the rest is 0MB

When I look at the license screen, I see

"This server is acting as a standalone license server"
"This server is configured to use licenses from the Forwarder license group"
"Licensed daily volume 1 MB"

there is one alert

Severity Time Message Indexer Pool Stack Category
Oct 26, 2012 12:00:00 AM
(15 hours ago) Indexing quota exceeded for this pool, poolsz=1048576 bytes myservername auto_generated_pool_forwarder forwarder license_window

any idea?

0 Karma
1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes the "Forwarder license group" means 1MB license.
go to manager > licensing and switch to trial or free license group. (they should be 500MB)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes the "Forwarder license group" means 1MB license.
go to manager > licensing and switch to trial or free license group. (they should be 500MB)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...