Security

There are many jobs showing as Dispatched at 12/31/69 and keep running? in the job manager

vrmandadi
Builder

This is really strange.I am seeing in the job manager that there are many jobs running with created at date 12/31/69 with runtime waiting and status running .I tried deleting those jobs but they kept on coming back .How to resolve this issue .We dont have any real time searches running.I changed all of them to scheduled.

Thanks in Advance

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

This should get you pretty close to the information your'e looking for:

| rest splunk_server=local count=0 /services/search/jobs
| table dispatchState, custom.search, earliestTime, latestTime, isSavedSearch, published, request.earliest_time, eai:acl.owner

There are dozens of additional fields you can include as well.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Check if there is any "All Time" scheduled real-time search running/configured on that instance.

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

I checked for real time searches and there are none.How can I check specifically for searches running all time?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

| rest timeout=0 splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches search="is_scheduled=1 disptach.earliest_time=0" 
| table title eai:acl.owner eai:acl.app dispatch.*t_time search cron_schedule

Results with dispatch.latest_time as blank OR "now" are the searches running with all time timerange

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

There is nothing ...no results.The jobs that are having those Dispatched at 12/31/69 .These are all searches made from API calls.When these API calls were stopped I dont see these jobs.BUt when the API calls start I see the jobs again

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

I checked the jobs that are running with that date .I see the search like below with _index_earliest and _index_latest ..what does this mean ?

index=abc sourcetype=xyz earliest=-4h host=abbb _index_earliest=1581099754 _index_latest=1581099799 | sort 0 +_indextime | eval message=_raw | table _raw,_indextime,host

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Splunk has two default timestamp field added to each event, time which is the time when event occurred (set based on timestamp parsing rules) and _indextime which is the time when Indexers stored the data into Splunk. The timerange picker (and earliest/lasted filters in search) filters the data based on _time, e.g. Events happening in last 60 minutes. The _index_earliest and _index_latest timerange modifier filter data based on _indextime value. Generally the timerange for searches using `_index*` modifier is quite high, so that all the possible events are within the range. The timerange in those searches can be "All time".

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

So are these searches causing the issue that I am looking for and what would I need to do in order to get these get to normal state

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

So these jobs, they stay forever after you invoke your REST API job once??

I think you can specify the expiration of search job (ttl- time to live) when doing a REST API call. If possible, ask the REST API owner to include that.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/37452/specifying-a-ttl-when-creating-a-job-via-the-api.html

0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

I checked the ttl it is 600 seconds but still see this jobs in the same state

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Those are the date/time ranges of the search, in Unix timestamp.

1581099754 = Friday, February 7, 2020 12:22:34 PM (CST)
1581099799 = Friday, February 7, 2020 12:23:19 PM (CST)

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

vrmandadi
Builder

Thank you .What would be the solution for me to implement to make the jobs going to run on that wierd date and they dont have runtime waiting and status running

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...