Alerting

Table data formatting incorrect in alert emails

senior_splunk
Explorer

Prior to our 6.1 upgrade, saved searches that sent emails that contained inline results of data in a table were viewable just as they are presented in the web UI. Now that we have upgraded to 6.1 the message portion of the results has lost all formatting and is run together. The message is windows event log data and I have before and after examples but currently my karma is too low to allow me to upload them.

Can anyone assist in this issue? I can email or pm examples of the issue I am having.

Cheers,

David

DavidGuarneri
Path Finder

Saw this just now. Turned out to be an bug with Splunk 6.1 . It can be rectified by making the change in sendemail.py. I no longer have the full details of this, so the best thing is to contact Splunk support.

0 Karma

DavidGuarneri
Path Finder

We are having the same issue. Customers are complaining about this. Stack traces are unreadable.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...