Splunk Dev

System requirements like RAM & cores etc if we use the departmental architecture.

raghu_vedic
Path Finder

Hi,

What are the system requirements like RAM & cores etc. If we use the departmental architecture in Virtual machine.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Best practice is to not deploy Splunk infrastructure as a VM, regardless of settings.

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you're wanting to know how to deploy Splunk in a Virtual Environment, you should read this first : https://www.splunk.com/pdfs/technical-briefs/splunk-deploying-vmware-tech-brief.pdf

Thats a good starting point. And from what you are calling a departmental architecture, this could be a standalone or distributed environment depending on your use cases and daily volumes of indexing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...