#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Support Sense of Urgency

teak421
Path Finder

Does anyone have any suggestions to get support to have any sense of urgency? We're a new customer (4 months) and I've learned to send my diag, the conf file, etc. Before, I would get a response... (1 day after submission), need diag. OK, I send diag, another day passes by, then they ask for something else. There is also no way to provide feedback on how the ticket was handled.

Even after providing diags / conf files, it still is a multiday process of asking basic questions. I'm used to support from companies like CommVault, 4 hours...someone is one the phone, done!

I get that they want people to use PS (support engineer actually said he was forwarding to PS!), but the specific issue I am asking about is not a walkthru... Just a question as to why a specific stanza for printmon (job) is not working. YES, I guess I could post here, but for the amount of cash we paid, I would think that support would be...adequate.

Product is AMAZING...Having so much fun. Docs can be a bit obtuse, sure... But, overall, this product is nothing like I've ever seen, just amazing! Wish their support services matched their product offerings.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @teak421,
the Support response time depends on the level of your case: if you have a P1 level Case (blocked system), I can confirm that in half an hour I received Splunk Support and they solved my problems!
So, what's the level of your ticket?
Obviously you cannot declare P1 if your system is still running and there's only one feature not running (P2 or P3). you have to declare the correct lever of severity of the problem.
Inform yourself about the SLA and ask them to respect these levels.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

teak421
Path Finder

Yes, I understand there is an SLA.

Do you find it acceptable that when engaging support you are requested to provide information, you do and then a day later they come back again requesting more information? OR, my favorite, which was in my last communication from them..."Has this ever worked?" I responded, 1.5 days later, "I'm going to send this to PS." Huh? What?

Call me weird, but, this is terrible support for an otherwise fantastic product.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @teak421,
I don't say it for flattery but I have always been satisfied with the support received, especially in cases of real urgency (blocked system).
Sometimes my company proposed itself to manage ticktes with the Splunk Support, starting debugging in the meantime they make their analysis.
If you're a final customer, try to ask to your System Integrator.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

teak421
Path Finder

@gcusello I think my fundamental problem is that I am used to companies like ComVault... You open a ticket, someone responds within 4 hours (that's normal level, not 2 days) and they CALL YOU. Talk about the issue and fix it. I do NOT do this back and forth with an engineer asking silly questions. They take ownership and see it through. If you feel this is how they handle their normal calls, great! If not, maybe the community might want to suggest improvement in their customer service. At least provide us the ability to rate their service when the ticket has been closed!

Let me ask when you open a normal (not blocked) level ticket, how has your experience been? I've only opened like 4 tickets and all have been terrible. Maybe, bad luck for me.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @teak421,
as I said, with P1 tickets are fantastic: half an hour!
P2 are quick (usually the following working day) if I send them all the information and diag.
P3 needs 2-3 days.
For this reason I suggest to use your system integrator to analyze your problems before the intervene of Support and then to manage case with them: with them you can define a SLA more quick.
My company did a contract with one our customer and sometimes I solved the problem before the Support intervene or I did a workaround and everytime I managed the case with Splunk Support.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

teak421
Path Finder

Bummer, I didn't want to have to purchase outside support...I thought that's what I was getting included in our purchase of the product.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @teak421,
in this case, you can only verify that Splunk Support respect their declared SLA.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...