Monitoring Splunk

Stop Splunk To Read files

Prakash493
Communicator

Hi , currently i need splunk to stop reading the log files from below source location , i updated disabled=true to stop splunk to read files but it still reading and added the blacklist stanza too but nothing works , splunk is still reading and indexing files , Please tell me how can i stop splunk to read the below entire source path ?

[monitor://C:\UCX\dotnet\UCXWinPortal\logs...\Pinnacle_AX_*.log]
disabled = true
recursive = false
index = xxxxx
sourcetype = xxxxx
blacklist = .(log)$

Tags (1)
0 Karma

wenthold
Communicator

Use btool to list out your current configuration. for whatever platform you're on go to the command line into the $SPLUNK_HOME folder and run:

bin/splunk btool inputs list 'monitor://C:\UCX\dotnet\UCXWinPortal\logs...\Pinnacle_AX_*.log' --debug

That command is for linux - for windows I believe it would be bin\splunk.exe btool ...

If you don't get any results, drop the configuration stanza and just run "splunk btool inputs list --debug | more" and find your configuration. It should tell you what Splunk sees as the combined configuration, and the configuration file source it's using for each item.

Use btool to troubleshoot configurations

0 Karma

Prakash493
Communicator

it worked now actually i made a mistake on my blacklist regex syntax: i added blacklist = /.(log)$ , and it worked , Thanks

0 Karma

Super Champion

Hi @Prakash493,
Try below in inputs.conf-

[monitor://C:\UCX\dotnet\UCXWinPortal\logs...\Pinnacle_AX_*.log]
disabled = 1

Also You can disable from UI
go to the Web UI -> Settings - Data Inputs -> Files and Directories -> Disable particular input

0 Karma

Prakash493
Communicator

tried with it , didnt worked , i am in indexer cluster and search head cluster environment , where i can disable through deployment server ?

0 Karma

Super Champion

Where are your stanza is written? is it indexer or heavy forwarder or universal forwarder?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...