Splunk Search

Stats Max issue

willadams
Contributor

I have a query that I am running using dbxquery for specific reasons. Anyway I have run into an interesting issue that I can't seem to put my finger on

My First Query is through SPLUNK 7.2.3 with DBConnect 2.1.4

| dbxquery query="SELECT * FROM \"AppList\".\"dbo\".\"SPLNK_MyTable\"" connection="ApplicationX" wrap=t 
| fields - _raw _time 
| rename "Computer name" AS "name" 
| rename "App File used" AS "App File" 
| rename "Last check-in (GMT)" AS "Last Check In" 
| rename "App Distri" AS "App Version" 
| rename "APPLICATION STATUS" AS "status" 
| eval LastCheckInEpoch=strptime("Last Check In", "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1Q") 
| where (LastCheckInEpoch>= relative_time(now(), "-30d@d") AND LastCheckInEpoch<= now()) 
| stats max(status) as status by name, "App File", "Last Check In", "AppVersion" | eval name=upper(name)

I get results and statistics is happy in his instance.

However running this on SPLUNK 7.2.6 with DBConnect 3.13 I get 0 results. I can't see why. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

willadams
Contributor

As suggested by to4kawa the where statement looks like it is not working. On checking my strptime command, I noted that I had %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%1Q but on adjusting this to %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%3Q, this seems to have done the trick. I also noted that one of my renames had a lower case instead of an upper case which caused it to break as well.

0 Karma

willadams
Contributor

I also had to remove "wrap=t"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...