Dashboards & Visualizations

Stacked bar graph using data across multiple indexes

nekbote
Path Finder

Hi All,

Need your guidance on developing below panel , here are the details...

index=index1
index=index 2
index=index 3

All the above 3 indexes represent data corresponding to different order types .

Each of the index has fields order_no , order_date , OrderAmount. All the 3 indexes have the same columns.

I need to display data from above 3 indexes in the form of stacked bar chart.

x-axis represents the age of the order [currentdate -order_date =age].
And each of the stacked bar represents sum(OrderAmount) of ordertype1 + sum(OrderAmount) of ordertype2 + sum(OrderAmount) of ordertype3

ordtyp1$tot  ordtyp2$tot ordtyp$tot

7 days late , 425 200 99

7 & 14 days late , 325 300 10

14 & 21 days late , 100 700 20

21 days late , 150 300 30

1st stacked bar will be summation of these 3 $ amounts[425+200+99]
2nd stacked bar will be summation of these 3 $ amounts[325+300+10]
3rd stacked bar will be summation of these 3 $ amounts[100+700+20]
4th stacked bar will be summation of these 3 $ amounts[150+300+30]

----x-axis---------- represents 7 days late , 7 &14 days late and so on

Can you guide me as to how this can be achieved

I have used below search query , it gives the half the solution , i am not able to stack the $ amounts.

Here is the search query which i have used...

index=index1 OR index=index2 OR index = index3
| fields ORDDATE,ORDDATE,ORDDATE,ORDERTOTAL,ORDERTOTAL,ORDERTOTAL,index
| eval fldNow=now()
| eval orderlinedate=strptime(substr(ORDDATE,1,8), "%Y%m%d") | eval age=((orderlinedate-fldNow)/60)/60/24

| eval age_group=case(age>-8 AND age<0,"Stale BO Less than 7 days late",age>-15 AND age<-7,"Stale BO between 7 and 14 days late",age>-22 AND age<-14,"Stale BO between 14 and 21 days late",age<-21 ,"Stale BO more than 21 days late")
| eval orderlinedate1=strptime(substr(ORDDATE,1,8), "%Y%m%d") | eval age1=((orderlinedate1-fldNow)/60)/60/24
| eval age_group1=case(age1>-8 AND age1<0,"Stale BO Less than 7 days late",age1>-15 AND age1<-7,"Stale BO between 7 and 14 days late",age1>-22 AND age1<-14,"Stale BO between 14 and 21 days late",age1<-21 ,"Stale BO more than 21 days late")
| eval orderlinedate2=strptime(substr(ORDDATE,1,8), "%Y%m%d") | eval age2=((orderlinedate2-fldNow)/60)/60/24
| eval age_group2=case(age2>-8 AND age2<0,"Stale BO Less than 7 days late",age2>-15 AND age2<-7,"Stale BO between 7 and 14 days late",age2>-22 AND age2<-14,"Stale BO between 14 and 21 days late",age2<-21 ,"Stale BO more than 21 days late")

| stats sum(ORDERTOTAL) by age_group

thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

acharlieh
Influencer

If I'm correct as to what you're asking, it may be as simple as instead of using stats using chart

| chart sum(ORDERTOTAL) over age_group by index

View solution in original post

acharlieh
Influencer

If I'm correct as to what you're asking, it may be as simple as instead of using stats using chart

| chart sum(ORDERTOTAL) over age_group by index

nekbote
Path Finder

Hi acharlieh,

You are bang on ...that worked ....thank you so much....you saved my day...thank you again!

0 Karma

nekbote
Path Finder

Hi Team,

Any suggestions on how to get this done? Any idea is appreciated...thank you!

0 Karma

acharlieh
Influencer

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... Are you wanting for each time bucket, a stacked bar graph where each bar is a particular age, and a particular segment is the sum from an individual index?

Also what does _time on each event represent? Is it ORDDATE or is it something else?

0 Karma

nekbote
Path Finder

Hi acharlieh,

"
Are you wanting for each time bucket, a stacked bar graph where each bar is a particular age, and a particular segment is the sum from an individual index?
"
yes you are right , each of the segment in the bar graph is the sum from individual index.

_time is the time at which event is indexed, in my specific case almost all of the events are indexed once a day between 12 am -12:05 am PST everyday.

On the x-axis in the graph , i am using the age=ORDDATE-CURRENTSYSDATE to bucket the events into 4 buckets as listed in my search query.

I have sample graph of what i need but i do not have enough karma points to post the picture.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...