Getting Data In

Splunkcloud - Specify a different sourcetype for Generic S3 input ?

robot2051

Hello,

We have iis log being stored in a S3 bucket in CSV format. My understanding is sourcetype for CSV will help parsing these events and indexing them as they come in. I would like to use our aws-add-on which includes a generic s3 input to pick up these logs and parse it with either my custom sourcetype or iis sourcetype...

First of all, Is this possible?

I have tried to create this via Splunk add-on for aws -> Input -> Create New Input -> Custom Data Type -> Generic S3 . the sourcetype drop down only has aws specific sourcetype, I could type any sourcetype name and add the input, however when i searched for these events, the events are not parsed and displayed as raw only.

I have also tried using IIS Add-on which come with a sourcetype for iis logs but that didnt work.

Please let me know if you have done it before and got it to work.

Kind regards,
Sam

Tags (1)
0 Karma

robot2051

Note: Because we are using splunkcloud , unfortunately we can't edit the actual config files as it is not managed by us 😞 Please let me know if there is a documentation or if you know how to achieve this in the UI, that would be great.

Cheers

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...