Archive

Splunk v4.2.2 fixes

Explorer

Is there a release date for 4.2.2 yet? I am interested in finding a listing of what known 4.2 bugs are expected to be fixed in the next release. Specifically: Scheduled saved search loses scheduled time when converted from private to global permissions (All apps). Scheduled time resets to None. (SPL-38616)

Tags (2)

Builder

As a workaround, I have had luck resetting permissions by removing local.meta stanzas related to your saved search.

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Guys - if you have questions regarding which releases are targeted for specific fixes, you should contact support, especially if they have a workaround for you.

After the release is posted, we put which fixes were addressed in the release notes.

If there's a workaround for this, I'll have someone post it here. In the meantime, I'll close the thread.

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This has nothing to do with transparency and everything to do with simple economics and law. We open a can of worms when we make promises about future releases, features, fixes, etc. If we were a free-as-in-beer, open source solution, then things would certainly be different and you could have as much insight into Splunk development as you wanted.

0 Karma

Communicator

John: Why the lack of transparency? Why not publish a road map along with anticipated release dates? Between answers and apps, you all get a metric ton of free support from users. How about throwing us a bone and providing a little more insight into Splunk development.

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

By the way, we can't post which release we're targeting until after it's released. I know that's not the answer you want, and I'm sorry. I'll make sure someone in support is keeping an eye on this.

0 Karma
Don’t Miss Global Splunk
User Groups Week!

Free LIVE events worldwide 2/8-2/12
Connect, learn, and collect rad prizes
and swag!