Security

Splunk user login failure with "404 Not found" error

sajeeshpn

I have a Splunk role say 'test_role' with following capabilities and have a user 'testuser' under this 'test_role' with Default app as say "xyz":-

accelerate_search
get_metadata
get_typeahead
input_file
output_file
pattern_detect
request_remote_tok
rest_properties_get
rest_properties_set
rtsearch
schedule_rtsearch
schedule_search
search

When I login as 'testuser', I am getting the following error:-

404 Not Found
Return to Splunk home page

Page not found!

View more information about your request (request ID = 5a28ead2c37f090c3c2dd0) in Search 

Note: If I give 'admin_all_objects' capability under 'test_role' then 'testuser' login would be successful in accessing 'xyz' app home page and everything works.

Can anyone help me figure out what could be going wrong here ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If the default app is your xyz app, or the launcher or the search app, make sure that the custom role has read permission on them.

By default all apps have read permission for the role "user", and all roles are supposed to inherit from it (power, admin,...)
As you create a new role without inheritance, it probably has no read permissions on any apps.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you given “test_role” read/write access to “xyz” app?
If you have not given that access then Go to Manage Apps and then change “xyz” app permission.

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Yes, change permissions on that app to global.

0 Karma

sajeeshpn

Thanks for the replies.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...