Splunk Search

Splunk says bundle directory contains a large lookup file in .delta file but the .delta file does not contain a large lookup

fboeje
Explorer

Hi all,

We receive the warning : The current bundle directory contains a large lookup file that might cause bundle replication fail. The path to the directory is /opt/splunk/var/run/68DAE477-6A5A-40C6-A7CE-3778404DF158-1589383658-1589383891.delta
When looking into this .delta file it contains a few lookupfiles but they are only a few MB's. Also the full bundle files do not contain large lookups, we already blacklisted some large lookupfiles.

0 Karma

_joe
Communicator

Something like this would work best:

index = _internal sourcetype = splunkd component=Archiver
Archiving large_file=*
| stats count latest(size_in_bytes) by large_file

Huu-Nguyen
Engager

Thanks so much. This worked for me. I removed that lookup file (~1GB), all good now.

0 Karma

ragedsparrow
Contributor

If you're on a Unix platoform, here is the oneliner that I use:

tar tvf <bundlelocation/bundle.bundle> | awk -v size="$size" '$3 >= size {print $3" "$6}'   | sort -t' ' -k1,1nr > /tmp/bundle.log; less /tmp/bundle.log

This is how I've troubleshoot bundle issues and to find out if there is something that I need to blacklist.

fboeje
Explorer

Thanks. I did exactly that check but there were no large files in the bundle. At this moment the messages disappeared. So I still dont know what caused the messages and what made them disappear.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Have a look at any other content in that delta file which might be bigger. If you can't see any big files in delta file then can you please let us know what is your .bundle size and .delta size ?

fboeje
Explorer

Thanks. At this moment the messages disappeared. So I still dont know what caused the messages and what made them disappear.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...