Splunk Search

How to create a search to check which user disabled/enabled alert?

AnmolKohli
Explorer

Splunk query to check which user disabled/enabled alert.

Labels (1)

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

See what is in the logs like this:

index=_audit "disabled alert name here"

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

not sure @woodcock if the new version updated the audit log formats/my old 7.3 does not have yet your search query format,.. but i created a test alert and disabled and queried the audit index, but no match. something fishy.

0 Karma

AnmolKohli
Explorer

We have a report built in splunk that runs whenever any alert is disabled by a user in splunk. I want to find the user who has disabled the alert.Is this doable?

cmeisch
Path Finder

Has this been answered... I am looking for the same thing as to WHO has done what?

0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @cmeisch 

you can with following query 

index="_internal" sourcetype="splunkd_ui_access" file IN (disable,enable) 

i tried enable/disbale one of saved  it , enable disable logs are showing with username who did that action

SanjayReddy_0-1646753164131.png

cmeisch
Path Finder

Thanks for the response.  What I am trying to do is to see when a rule has been enabled\disabled and by who.  I Your suggestion will give me who has disabled\enabled but I am trying to figure out what was enabled\disabled... BUT I am closer thanks to you!

0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @cmeisch 

index="_internal" sourcetype="splunkd_ui_access" file IN (disable,enable)
| table _time user uri file

I am not good at regex😁, but hightlited  the savedsearch name on which action done , 
after searches/ word is the report/alert name followed by action 

SanjayReddy_0-1646754361992.png

---
If this reply helps you, an upvote/Karma would be appreciated.

0 Karma

not_for_sale_b

Oh my god finally, someone found it.  Here is a revised query that works a little better and shows the "files" (searches) enabled by a particular user and decodes them to make them easier to read.  

index="_internal" sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access method=POST
| eval file=urldecode(file)
| stats values(file) by user

0 Karma

ccl0utier
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Care to elaborate?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...