Splunk Search

Splunk-perfmon failing: InitQuery failed in PeriodicDataCollector::tick

BenjaminWyatt
Communicator

Hi all,
I'm pulling some logs in from Windows perfmon. All was going well, but now I am seeing the following error messages:

05-03-2013 15:47:25.462 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA60-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon" splunk-perfmon - InitQuery failed in PeriodicDataCollector::tick

05-03-2013 15:47:25.462 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA60-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon" splunk-perfmon - All instance list is empty in config in method PeriodicDataCollector::initQuery

These messages appear to be related to one collector that I am no longer seeing data from. Does anybody know what might be causing these error messages, and how to remediate?

0 Karma

BP9906
Builder

I have the same issue with XenApp 6.0. I dont get any perfmon info related to ICA Sessions. 😞

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The error you see in the _internal index happens when the perfmon polling is not able to sample a value at startup and can be considered non-critcal. This message has actually changed to a warning going forward. During the next clock tick, the value should be sampled and processing will continue as normal.

Since you are not seeing perfmon data from the Citrix counters, you may have to re-register your ICA counters. Here is a link with more information -> http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/XenApp/latest/DeployXenApp/Troubleshooting

0 Karma

BenjaminWyatt
Communicator

bump. Surely someone else has seen this error message before?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...