Security

Splunk-optimize returns error "no such file or direcotry"

splunk123_
Explorer

Hi,
if i run the command ./splunk-optimze manually, i get the errno 2 ("no such file or directory"):

./splunk-optimize -v -d [path_to_db]/defaultdb/db/hot_v1_1/
tm=1339945039 splunk-optimize start: dir=[path_to_db]/defaultdb/db/hot_v1_1/ mode=0 verbose=true isfinal=false max_iteration=2147483647 min_src_count=8 lex_tpb=64
tm=1339945039 optimize finished: failed, see rc for more details, (rc=-29 errno=2)
tm=1339945039 exiting splunk-optimize process with rc=-29

My database is located on a zfs file system. Might this be a problem? Is there a check about the file system included in splunk-optimze? Can i circumvent/fix this?

Kind Regards,
JS

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Voltaire
Communicator

Did you input the native path to your hot database ? Mine looks like this "./splunk-optimize -d /opt/data/Daily/splunk/cbl/db/hot_v1_94" It does not look like you have the proper directory path in your command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...