Security

Splunk-optimize returns error "no such file or direcotry"

splunk123_
Explorer

Hi,
if i run the command ./splunk-optimze manually, i get the errno 2 ("no such file or directory"):

./splunk-optimize -v -d [path_to_db]/defaultdb/db/hot_v1_1/
tm=1339945039 splunk-optimize start: dir=[path_to_db]/defaultdb/db/hot_v1_1/ mode=0 verbose=true isfinal=false max_iteration=2147483647 min_src_count=8 lex_tpb=64
tm=1339945039 optimize finished: failed, see rc for more details, (rc=-29 errno=2)
tm=1339945039 exiting splunk-optimize process with rc=-29

My database is located on a zfs file system. Might this be a problem? Is there a check about the file system included in splunk-optimze? Can i circumvent/fix this?

Kind Regards,
JS

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Voltaire
Communicator

Did you input the native path to your hot database ? Mine looks like this "./splunk-optimize -d /opt/data/Daily/splunk/cbl/db/hot_v1_94" It does not look like you have the proper directory path in your command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...