I setup a test server last year. Forgot about it till this year.
Nothing is sending data to splunk. There's no information in there.
Logged in and cannot use the search.
The trial license expired. So I switched license group to free.
Using the web front end. I logged in again, and can still not use the search.
I left it as is yesterday, thinking it needed a day to tick over.
Came in this morning, logged in, and search still does not work.
[EventsViewer module] Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. Renew your Splunk license by visiting www.splunk.com/store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.
I am an existing customer. Just looking to setup another testing environment.
Installed Splunk License Usage plugin.
Here are the results for the past 24 hours:
Does not look anywhere near 500MB.
You can just download a new version of Splunk and install it as your test environment if you do not care about any of the old data in that system. Move your existing configuration files over if they are still valid. YOu will have the full trial for 60 days and you can then convert to the free license.
Here's a good view of the differences once you convert to the free verssion.