All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Cisco Security App Install error

ryanbyrdbasicre
Engager

I want to install Splunk for Cisco Security App

I used downloaded http://www.splunkbase.com/apps/All/4.x/App/app:Splunk+for+Cisco+Security and unzip/untared the file to /opt/splunk/etc/apps. I'm running splunk version 4.0.11, build 79031 on linux

then I chown the files to splunk and chmod them to 755

the I restart splunk (service splunk stop; service splunk start)

when i log into the web interface and click the Cisco Security App icon, I get a page with 3 javascript alert popups: Splunk encountered the following unknown module: "ConvertToDrilldownSearch" . The view may not load properly.

as well, in red, at the top of the screen is: Misconfigured view 'gc_overview' - Unknown parameter 'drilldown' is defined for module SimpleResultsTable. Make sure the parameter is specified in SimpleResultsTable.conf.

ideas?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

Drilldown is a feature that was introduced in Splunk 4.1. Seems like the Cisco Security app uses this features in some views and hence is not compatible with 4.0.x. Your best bet is to upgrade your Splunk installation.

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

Drilldown is a feature that was introduced in Splunk 4.1. Seems like the Cisco Security app uses this features in some views and hence is not compatible with 4.0.x. Your best bet is to upgrade your Splunk installation.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...