Splunk Search

Splunk fetching results from database in realtime

ankithreddy777
Contributor

Can we set frequency to fetch results from database to real time. Does that effect anything.

Does Splunk take more space to index database inputs rather than regular raw data inputs. I assume so, because the field-values from database inputs seems to be indexed too.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no real-time fetching of database rows. Splunk reads from a database by executing a SQL query at regular intervals. It has no way of knowing when new data has been added to the database before executing the query.

The space needed to index data depends on how that data is presented to Splunk. Database data may take more space, but it depends on what you use for a comparison.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

ankithreddy777
Contributor

Thank you for you response
If I give cron schedule as ***** (five stars) . At what intrval does this execute the query?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Once a minute.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...