Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk certification exam

N1cuCom
Explorer

Anyone else having difficulties registering for Splunk Certified Core User exam?
I've followed Splunk provided form, and I haven't got any email from Vue (as it was supposed to happen).
I've contacted Pearson Vue and they told me they don't have the authorization from Splunk for my registration for exam (I've finalized the training Fundamentals 1 few months back). I've contacted Splunk about it with no feedback (certification@splunk.com).
Seems like an impossible task to go for this exam...

Tags (2)
1 Solution

kschmidt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, there! We hate that you are having a poor experience. Please provide your case number(s) so we can better assist you and resolve your issue. You should have received a case number(s) upon contacting certification@splunk.com

View solution in original post

amirunzir

Hi, i am facing the same issue here. I wrote multiple emails to certification@splunk.com with no reply. Can anyone please assist?

Here is my case number: CASE 3031295

0 Karma

Mariaml
Observer

I’m having the same problem it seems impossible to get a splunk ID to sign up for an exam 

0 Karma

Mariaml
Observer

This is my case number CASE 2909767

0 Karma

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Mariam.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I see your case was resolved.

Good luck on your exam!

0 Karma

otb282
Explorer

Hi there, I'm another one that's having problems registering for the exam.  Filled out the form to connect accounts on about April 5th 2021, emailed certification@splunk.com on April 8th, no reply.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

0 Karma

kschmidt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, there! We hate that you are having a poor experience. Please provide your case number(s) so we can better assist you and resolve your issue. You should have received a case number(s) upon contacting certification@splunk.com

N1cuCom
Explorer

Please check cases 1199107 and 1199489

0 Karma

s1j1yem1x
Path Finder

@kschmidt_splunk , I entered my information at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/pearson-vue-registration-form.html to connect my accounts but I've not received my Splunk ID since and I don't know what is going on. They mentioned in the form that we don't have to send email to Splunk certification. Can you please help me to get my Splunk ID... Cannot register for certification on Pearson Vue without it. Thank you in advance. My name is Saji Oluwasegun' Ijiyemi.

0 Karma

kschmidt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, there! I can see you opened a case today ( a few minutes ago), which was the right thing to do, requesting your information to register. Our team will respond within 24 hours. Once you connect your Splunk and PVUE accounts, as it appears you have, there is a wait time associated with that connection and generation of your PVUE authorization to test. Our tutorial can be found here, for reference, regarding test reg and such: https://www.splunk.com/pdfs/training/Exam-Registration-Tutorial.pdf

0 Karma

s1j1yem1x
Path Finder

@kschmidt_splunk, thanks for your swift response. It's been a week now that I connected the accounts. PVUE recently sent me a temp password to login to my account. Does this have anything to do with the SplunkID or it's better to just wait to make sure the accounts are connected properly? Thanks.

0 Karma

s1j1yem1x
Path Finder

@kschmidt_splunk, I just got my SplunkID in the email. Thank you so much. You are the best.

0 Karma

kschmidt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You're most welcome! Our team is usually on it. 😉

0 Karma

Super Champion

as @llinderman already posted
Program Guide and FAQ page: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/program-guide.html
Comprehensive certification handbook: https://www.splunk.com/pdfs/training/Splunk-Certification-Candidate-Handbook.pdf
Candidate Journey Video: Overview of the new program and registration instructions. https://www.splunk.com/en_us/training/videos/splunk-certification-candidate-journey.html
Exam Registration Tutorial: https://www.splunk.com/pdfs/training/Exam-Registration-Tutorial.pdf

also expect a reply from certification team within 3-4 days

N1cuCom
Explorer

I already submitted 2 times the form for getting the splunk user id since begining of the month.
Also, to certification team I wrote one week ago with no reply.
This has stopped me from buying a Splunk training I was interested in as it seems that after paying alot of money for the training, I will have a nice supprise not being able to go for certification as Splunk doesn't answer.

0 Karma

kschmidt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We hate that you are having a poor experience. Please provide your case number(s) so we can better assist you and resolve your issue. You should have received the case number(s) when contacting certification@splunk.com
Thank you.

0 Karma

N1cuCom
Explorer

I haven't received a case number, as there was no reply on my emails to certification@splunk.com
Please let me know if you can check this by the email associated with my account

0 Karma

kschmidt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do check your spam/junk folders for any auto responses that would include a case number, but if your contact was received you would have received a case number. Please go ahead and provide your email so we can better assist you.

0 Karma

s1j1yem1x
Path Finder

@kschmidt_splunk, my email address is saji.ijiyemi@gmail.com. Thank you so much for your assistance.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...