All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk app for PCAP analyzer - unable to create the csv file by running the script (pcap2csv.sh)

splunker12er
Motivator

I have installed the app , and as per the steps I dropped a PCAP file(Sample_Traffic.pcap) in the mentioned folder , and tried to execute the script but it gives me the below error.

any thing else i need to consider here? Please help.

That string isn't a valid capture filter (illegal token).
    See the User's Guide for a description of the capture filter syntax.
    Capturing on 'awdl0'
    tshark: Invalid capture filter "–r Sample_Traffic.pcap -T fields -e frame.time -e ip.src -e ip.dst -e _ws.col.Protocol -e tcp.srcport -e tcp.dstport -e tcp.len -e tcp.window_size -e tcp.flags.syn -e tcp.flags.ack -e tcp.flags.push -e tcp.flags.fin -e tcp.flags.reset -e ip.ttl -e _ws.col.Info -e tcp.analysis.ack_rtt -e vlan.id" for interface 'awdl0'!

That string isn't a valid capture filter (illegal token).
    See the User's Guide for a description of the capture filter syntax.
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kidd452
Engager

hello

I solve the problem.

you can open the shell file,and retype(just delete and type the same) the "tshark -r" for the same string.
I think that is UTF or some binary problem.

View solution in original post

kidd452
Engager

hello

I solve the problem.

you can open the shell file,and retype(just delete and type the same) the "tshark -r" for the same string.
I think that is UTF or some binary problem.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...