#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Splunk: Why can't we add attachments to issues when the issue is being submitted?

dmcguerty
Explorer

It would seem more logical to send to be able to upload a screenshot (or other attachment) with the issue to begin with.

I post it here because my suggestions seem to be going unanswered by the Splunk support team.
Maybe others feel the same way and will help to escalate things that are being ignored.
Thanks

Tags (1)

bandit
Motivator

I think you may have to reach a certain reputation level for your profile to post attachments. I think it may be something like 100? Seems like they could do some captcha process instead to validate you are not a bot or spammer. You might be able to workaround the issue by posting a link to the image?

0 Karma

dmcguerty
Explorer

But your experience brings up another issue:
Click on 'Support' and you're routed to:
https://splunkcommunities.force.com/customers/
not something like support.splunk.com [which I believe would make more sense].
And it doesn't even have the splunk logo.

On most sites, a forums link takes you to forums.splunk.com or communities.splunk.com
And they're different logins, too.

I always get that confused.
cheers

0 Karma

dmcguerty
Explorer

Don't think it's that as I can add an attachment after the fact by going in after I've initially posted an issue. I just can't add that same attachment as I'm creating the issue. Looks like its a salesforce screen that isn't yet properly configured for what Splunk is trying to accomplish.
To be clear, I'm talking about the splunk support portal where you manage issues with an ID.
Cheers

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi Rob, i believe the question was about the Support portal, and not about Splunk Answers. With respect to your suggestion--we did use to have a Captcha in place to screen people, but it was the source of a lot of frustration for users, so we discontinued it.

0 Karma

bandit
Motivator

My bad. Didn't realize this was for the support portal.

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

no worries! your feedback is just as valid 🙂

0 Karma

llim_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello dmcguerty,
Thank you for your question! I have logged an enhancement with our internal teams to have this reviewed and prioritized.
I may be reached at llim@splunk.com if you have any further questions.

Lydia

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...