Knowledge Management

Splunk: Why are issues on support portal sorted ascending by date, with the most recent issues at the end of the last page?

dmcguerty
Explorer

In my experience most people care most about the issues they're having now; not 2-year old closed issues.

I post it here because my suggestions seem to be going unanswered by the Splunk support team.
Maybe others feel the same way and will help to escalate things that are being ignored.
Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

matt
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think what is happening here is that chronological order was the last sort order that you selected when you last visited the site.

I just logged in to checked my cases in the support portal and did not have them listed in chronological order, they were sorted by Priority which was how I was looking at my cases a few days ago. I just changed the sort order to be reverse chronological, logged out, and then logged back in -- the cases were displayed in reverse chronological order.

If that is happening for you, let me know and I can follow-up with the right folks

dmcguerty
Explorer

I added tag 'support'. Splunk incorrectly auto-filled this to 'Splunk support for Active Directory'. Completely unrelated. Why? Please don't try to be helpful with bad auto-fills.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...