Getting Data In

Splunk Python Script error - ImportError: No module named azure.keyvault

bhuvanabala

Hi All,

I am trying to import azure.keyvault through Splunk script input, but i am getting the following error - ImportError: No module named azure.keyvault.

Initially i indexed events via visual studio code editor, where i installed azure.keyvault using command -pip install azure-keyvault.

Now i am trying to run the python code as Splunk script input and getting the error - no module found

I copied the azure SDK for python folders from python(which i installed) sitepackages and placed it under splunk_home/python2.7/Lib/sitepackages/ and restarted Splunk, but still it didnt work

Myscript inculdes below lines

from azure.keyvault import KeyVaultClient, KeyVaultAuthentication
from azure.common.credentials import ServicePrincipalCredentials

Please provide ur inputs

0 Karma

snowmizer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is possible that when you ran the pip install command the azure-keyvault module got installed in the directories pertaining to the Linux system version of Python and not the Splunk version of Python. When I have needed modules that aren't in the Splunk Python I add the module to the bin folder of my app so that it's part of the app. Installing/placing the module in Splunk's Python means that when you upgrade Splunk the module could get removed.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...