All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Platform Upgrade Readiness App does not show up under apps even after installing

deepakgaonkar
Explorer

Hi All ,

I am trying to install the app on search head and even after installing(Manage app->install from a file->upload) and restart of search head the app is not appearing . i have even check the apps directory on the server and cant find . could you please suggest what might be going wrong in this case

Tags (1)

nickhills
Ultra Champion

When you are using a Search Head Cluster you need to install apps via the deployer. Not by uploading to a single search head.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

If my answer helped, please consider accepting and/or upvoting so that other memebers of the community can see it was useful.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

widad_guerrida
Engager
0 Karma

13tsavage
Communicator

Have you checked to see if there was an error during the install? Have you checked your splunkd.log?

0 Karma

deepakgaonkar
Explorer

Yes , i have checked the logs . I get the below error

ApplicationUpdater - Error reloading upgrade_readiness_app: handler for collections (access_endpoints /storage/collections/config): Service Unavailable

0 Karma

13tsavage
Communicator

Were there any other logs for upgrade_readiness_app or was this the only one?

/storage/collecitons/config is a API call for KV store endpoints to access and create collections. So its very interesting that this is error message for an attempted installation.

0 Karma

deepakgaonkar
Explorer

Yes , thats the only error in splunkd logs , although in the conf.log i found this
,{"name":"upgrade_readiness_app","action":"deleted","checksum":":q!q
"},
I am trying to add the all on the single search head , The search head is in cluster ,just wondering if i have to install that app through the SHC

0 Karma

13tsavage
Communicator

Now that we know that your search head is clustered, you need to install the app from the deployer as @nickhillscpl said.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...